When thinking about Bali, the first thing that comes to mind is the beautiful beaches, the intense spiritual energy, and the very captivating religious sites. No wonder, that these places to visit in Bali makes it to the travel bucket list of many. With being a famous travel destination, this Indonesian island has activities and places catering to everyone’s taste and need. No matter where you go next but a trip to Bali should definitely be made and it is not going to be disappointing.
Bali Tourist Places
|Bali points of interest||Fee||Timing|
|Bali Bird and Reptile Park||26 USD||9:00am- 5:00pm|
|Goa Gajah||Children- 0.53 USD; Adults- 1.06 USD||8:00am- 4:30pm|
|Mount Batur||Day time trek|
|Tukad Cepung Waterfall||0.71 USD||Saturday- 7:45am- 5:00pm
Other days: 6:00am- 5:00pm
|Underwater Temple||Varies depends on the snorkeling company||Varies depends on the snorkeling company|
|Kuta beach||Varies for different activities||Varies for different activities|
|Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary||Adults- 3.53 USD; Children- 2.83 USD||8:30am- 5:30pm|
|Amed Beach||Free||All days|
|Puri Lukisan Museum||3.53 USD||9:00am- 6:00pm|
Bali Bird and Reptile Park:
Out of the 12 best places to visit in Bali, this one tops the list as it is liked by all, adults and children alike. The variety of wildlife present here accounts for the large tourist turnout. There are also dining and shopping facilities available for tourists.
- Possible location: Gianyar Regency.
- Price: USD 26.
- Timings: 9:00am- 5:00pm.
If one wants to get a glimpse into the Indonesian culture and heritage, then Goa Gajah is one of the best places to see in Bali. This cultural attraction is filled with Buddhist and Shaivite cravings with a wide-eyed demon-like structure at the entrance. Further inside, one is led to a pool and the interiors depicting the history of the Bali Kingdom.
- Possible location: Also known as the ‘Elephant Caves’, it is located in the Bedulu village of West Bali.
- Price: Children- IDR 7.500; Adults- IDR 15,000.
- Timings: 8:00am- 4:30pm.
Here is the top 10 historical places in Bali.
Definitely a great trekking spot coming with a magnificent view of the area, Mount Batur in Bali is an active volcano in Indonesia. It is also called “Gunung Batur” by the locals and is 1717m above the sea level. One can get a great view of Lake Batur and the surrounding mountains. When considering Bali tourist places, this is a must for adventure enthusiasts.
- Possible location: Kintamani
- Price: Treks (shared and private)- IDR 5,50,000- IDR 9,00,000
- Timings: Anytime
Tukad Cepung Waterfall:
It takes a steep 15- minute trek to reach this spot but after conquering this hurdle, the scenic beauty will leave one speechless. The spectacular waterfall crashing and the sunlight trying to make its way through the canopy gives it a panoramic view. Tukad Cepung Waterfalls is one of the best offbeat places to visit in Bali Indonesia.
- Possible location: Kabupaten Bangli
- Price: IDR 10,000
- Timings: 6:00am- 5:00pm; Saturday- 7:45am- 5:00pm
Out of all the Bali famous places, Underwater Temple is the most unique. When searching for such hidden temples Bali (literally), one has to go snorkeling which is a great experience in itself.
- Possible location: Pemuteran
- Price: Usually included in the snorkeling tour
- Timings: Depends on the snorkeling company
One of the most exotic places in Bali known for the beautiful sandy beach and the mesmerizing view is Kuta Beach. It attracts a large number of tourists which makes it one of the busiest beaches of the country.
Kuta Beach is famous for its rocking nightlife, some of the best water activities on offer and the beautiful view of the sunset. Beach cleanup, snorkeling, diving are some of the best things to do in Kuta Bali.
- Possible location: Pantai Kuta, Kuta, Badung
- Price: Varies for different activities
- Timings: Varies for different activities
Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary:
As the name suggests, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary is a hotbed of over 600 Balinese long-tailed monkeys. People come here in large numbers to enjoy the view of these monkeys jumping from one branch to another and the female monkey taking care of her younger ones.
Not only for the wildlife, but Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary also attracts tourists for religious purpose as well. Hidden temples Bali can actually be found here inside the forest.
- Possible locations: Ubud, Bali
- Price: Adults- IDR 50,000; Children- IDR 40,000
- Timings: 8:30am- 5:30pm
Ubud Art Market:
No list of ‘Places to visit in Bali’ is complete without a visit to Ubud Art Market. This local market speaks for itself as it attracts a number of people, native as well as foreigners making it one of the main Bali attractions. From skirts to wooden artifacts, one can find everything here. Here there is everything to satisfy one’s shopping hunger!
- Possible location: Opposite to Puri Saren Royal Palace, Ubud
- Price: Vary
- Timings: 6:00am- 6:00pm
If looking for a fun-filled religious vacation then Nusa Penida is the answer. New on the list of tourist attractions, this island is beautiful and houses several Hindu temples. Located away from the central Bali, a trip to this island is a must if you are looking for ‘Bali road less traveled’. Tourists do turn up here but usually for water activities like scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Possible location: Klungkung district
- Price: Maybe applicable for reaching the place from Bali and for the activities
- Timings: NA
It is a known fact that the major share of Bali tourist places account to the number of beaches it owns and Amed Beach is another name in that list. One of the Bali best places to visit if looking for a relaxing and fun-filled holiday, Amed Beach promises a beautiful view along with some excellent water activities and great marine life. One can even get a view of the largest volcano of Bali, Mount Agung from here.
- Possible location: Karangasem, East Bali
- Price: Free
- Timings: All-day
Puri Lukisan Museum:
Out of these 12 Bali sightseeing places, this museum is dedicated to art and is a great site for the art lovers. One can find several masterpieces combining the traditional with the modern and providing a hint into the Indonesian culture. It is believed to be the oldest museum in Bali.
- Possible location: Ubud
- Price: Adults- IDR 50,000
- Timings: 9:00am- 6:00pm
Best Time To Visit Bali
January- March: These are the months when Bali experiences rainfall hence, it is not advisable to plan a trip during this period as one may be restricted indoors. Visiting during this time can be an option if one is looking for flight and accommodation at cheap prices but water activities may not be available all the time.
April- June: This is considered the best time to visit Bali as the weather here is perfect during this time. The cool breeze makes the trip all the more comfortable. Not only this, usually people prefer to visit Bali from July to August, therefore, this period, just before the peak season is less crowded giving one a chance to explore Bali road less traveled.
July- September: July- August is characterized as the summer months of Bali, so visiting during this period is very good. It is during this time that the tourist comes in huge numbers. September which is just after the peak season is also an idle time for visiting for an enthralling experience.
October- December: It is the rainy season during this time. One can visit during this period but then again, rain may restrict one indoors. It is the holiday season (Christmas and New Year), therefore, the crowd may be large.
Bali can be visited all- round the year but the best months are considered to be from April to October.
How To Reach Bali
- By Air: As a large number of tourists turn to Bali to enjoy their vacations, Bali has good airport facilities. Ngurah Rai International Airport or Denpasar International Airport located 13km for Denpasar, the capital of Bali, is well connected to major cities. It is well connected domestically as well. One can even avail taxi services from the airport to their destinations easily. Bus services are available but not always.
- By Train: There are no rail services available in Bali. Travelers can take a train to Banyuwangi and then a ferry to Bali. Even a bus can be used to head to Denpasar.
- By Road: A number of buses connect Bali to Java and Jakarta. These buses are operated by private companies and they are equipped with a number of facilities which come in handy for the long journey. Since the journey is quite long, 15-24 hours, air-conditioned buses are a good option.
Things To Do In Bali
Yes, you read it right, a beach cleanup! When looking for non-touristy things to do in Bali, this definitely makes a mark. Not only will one get a chance to explore the different beaches but even come in touch with the locals. There are several organizations which have their usual weekly, monthly and yearly cleanup drive.
- Possible location: There are a number of beaches which you can help clean and embellish
- Price: Free
- Timings: Vary
Kecak Fire Dance:
When in Bali, one cannot afford to miss an opportunity to witness the traditional dance of the place, Kecak Fire Dance. It is performed by a group of 40-50 people covered in checkered cloth who enter the performing area chanting “chak” in a rhythm. Through this dance, they tell the epic poem of Ramayana. Tourists consider this native activity one of the best Bali activities.
- Possible location: Uluwatu Temple, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, Batubulan, Taman, Kaja Village.
- Price: NA.
- Timings: Vary.
Pack your bags and head to Wonderful Indonesia for a fascinating trip to the very spectacular Bali!