Rich in culture and surrounded by tall buildings and beautiful beaches, Malaysia is what every traveler looks for in a perfect tourist spot. There is comfortable accommodation, accessible amenities and places to visit in Malaysia. Not only will one feel contented by visiting the place but also later when reminiscing the moments of this trip. Just post one picture on that social media handle and see the comments!
List of 21 Best Places To Visit In Malaysia –
- Petronas Twin Towers.
- Bukit Tinggi.
- Islamic Arts Museum.
- Langkawi Sky Bridge.
- Menara KL Tower.
- Aquaria KLCC.
- Batu Caves.
- Mount Kinabalu.
- Turtle Sanctuary Beach.
- Taman Negara.
- Gunung Mulu National Park.
- ATV Adventure Park.
- Cameron Highlands.
- Kilim Karst Geoforest Park.
- Perhentian Islands.
- Penang Hill.
- Central Market.
Petronas Twin Towers:
The one structure that identifies Malaysia giving a perfect view of the country, Petronas Twin Towers is a 452m tall building, which was once the tallest in the world before Burj Khalifa was constructed.
- Key Attraction: This, one of the best places to visit in Malaysia, is an 88- story building that is connected by a double-decker Sky Bridge at the 41st and 42nd floor offering a magnificent view from there. From the 86th floor, one can even get a great view of the tower’s spire and peep into its history.
- Timings: Tuesday- Sunday 9:00am- 9:00pm (closed between 1:00 pm- 2:30pm on Friday).
- Price: Children(3-12 years)- RM 33, INR 550; Adults (13-60 years)- RM 80, INR 1335; Senior Citizen- RM 42, INR 700.
Looking for a curated Malaysia package??? Check here 7days 6 nights Malaysia tour package with a hotel stay.
When most tourists roam about in Penang and Kuala Lumpur, what Kuching, the capital of Sarawak offers, is serenity with beauty.
- Key attraction: Sarawak Museum, Chinese Museum, Bidayuh Tribe Village. One can even relax on the Santubong River cruise or forget themselves in the annual Rainforest World Music Festival.
- Timings: Varies.
- Price: Varies.
Also referred to as Little France by the locals, Bukit Tinggi in Pahang is fashioned around a French town. One can get the European feel as they walk the cobblestone pavements and listen to street performances.
- Key attractions: Japanese tea making at Zen-inspired Japanese village
- Timings: Different café have different timings
- Price: Varies accordingly.
Suggested read: Know everything about rann of kutch 2019.
Islamic Arts Museum:
The largest Islamic Art Museum of South East Asia, Islamic Art Museum located in Perdana Botanical Garden was opened to public long back in 1998.
- Key attractions: There are 12 galleries in all which are divided into groups based on their level. It houses 7000 artifacts and is a treasure house of Islamic art books.
- Timings: Everyday from 9:30am- 6:00pm.
- Price: NA.
Here is the list of 21 popular spots to explore in Singapore!!!
Langkawi Sky Bridge:
When taking a cable car ride, tourists are bound to cross the Langkawi Sky Bridge which is located 2300 feet above sea level. It is a delight for nature lovers and photographers to be here and take a snap of it while enjoying the fresh air.
- Key attractions: Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls and the mesmerizing view
- Timings: 10am- 10pm
- Price: RM118.58/adult
Planning to explore Scotland of South India??? Here is a list of spots that one should not miss out…
Menara KL Tower:
What is a 421m high broadcasting and telecommunication tower also is one of the best places to visit in Malaysia and is a must for Malaysia sightseeing. It gives clear bird’s eye view of the city, Kuala Lumpur.
- Key attractions: Houses the highest McDonald’s outlet in the world. It also offers a great view of the city from the top.
- Timings: NA.
- Price: Varies from RM45-RM55.
Hey are you a water junkie, check out the Maldives tour package with a luxury resort stay.
With more than 2000 marine creatures, Aquaria KLCC is the world’s largest aquarium. It houses the rare sand- tiger shark, green sea turtle and more. One can even experience swimming with these creatures as offered by some booking agents.
- Key attractions: 90- meter long underwater walkway tunnel with water and marine animals on all sides.
- Timings: Open on all days from 10am- 8pm.
- Price: Differs depending on the agent.
Visiting Aquaria KLCC may be a great experience in itself but nothing can beat what is natural. That is exactly the case with Sipadan which comes under the famous places in Malaysia.
- Key attractions: Located in the Celebes Sea, Sipadan is a treat for diving enthusiasts and is ideal for scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Timings: NA.
- Price: NA
Scuba diving guide – Everything you need to know before your first Scuba Dive.
Dedicated to Lord Murugan, Batu Caves is known for being one of the most famous Hindu shrines of the country along with its natural beauty. It is a must on the list of places to visit in Malaysia.
- Key attractions: Visit this place for all the beauty and spirituality it holds and for its most famous festival, Thaipusam Festival.
- Timings: 6am- 9pm.
- Price: Free.
A visual treat for nature lovers and a landmark of Malaysia, Mount Kinabalu is considered as the tallest peak of South East Asia. Surrounded by the blue sky above and the rich flora on all sides, trekking to this peak promises an adrenaline rush among the people.
- Key attractions: The flora and fauna collection here is the best in the world.
- Timings: Open throughout the year.
- Price: Differs for the park, guides, trekking, etc.
Top 7 trekking trails in India… It’s time to hike the mountains
Turtle Sanctuary Beach:
With crystal clear water and exotic marine life, this makes for one of the best places to visit near Kuala Lumpur. With less crowd coming to this place, one can have a sweet private time here.
Planning a honeymoon trip??? How about Andaman??? 7 D/6N Andaman package
- Key attractions: Only see and the sanctuary as far as the eye can see.
- Timings: Can be visited anytime but June- September is considered the best time.
- Price: Free.
Out of all the places to visit in Malaysia, this definitely tops the list. Carrying an excellent beauty and peaceful atmosphere, the oldest rainforest in the world is one of the most popular in Malaysia.
- Key attractions: Canopy walk, jungle trekking, fishing, boating and much more!
- Timings: Anytime.
- Price: RM1 for entry, another cost varies with the activity chosen.
Gunung Mulu National Park:
Experience the moment when you are in a cave with limestone carving on the sides, flora and fauna adorning the area. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has all the reasons for being recognized worldwide for its beauty.
- Key attractions: Mount Mulu, located inside the park is the second tallest in Sarawak. Canopy walks, trekking and boat rides are also available.
- Timings: Anytime.
- Price: Locals- RM5- RM15; Foreigners- RM10- RM30.
ATV Adventure Park:
For all the adventure lovers out there, this park is what will bring out the best of fun and excitement in you. This is definitely the top thing to do in Kuala Lumpur for it will not disappoint you.
- Key attractions: Cross country run and Sofea Jane Waterfall.
- Timings: Usually opens from 9am.
- Price: Entry Fee- RM50- RM300.
Another treat for the adventure enthusiasts, Perak gives the opportunity for experiencing the best water rafting one can imagine. It is definitely the best place to visit in Malaysia for a fun outing with friends.
- Key attractions: With the best equipment and beautiful location, the experience becomes all the memorable.
- Timings: NA.
- Price: RM170 entry fee.
What happens when culture and tradition are mixed together? Melaka city takes place. It’s beautiful, attractive and welcoming.
Check out the Bhutan trip package for family, couples and group.
- Key attractions: Being a city, there are a number of tourist attractions here.
- Timings: Varies
- Price: Varies
If deciding to spend your vacation on the hills and have planned on Malaysia as your holiday destination then don’t worry because Cameron Highlands is the best hill station in Malaysia.
- Key attractions: Being a famous hill station, there are a number of attractions for visiting this place.
- Timings: The pleasant climate allows for visiting the highland throughout the year.
- Price: Varies.
Kilim Karst Geoforest Park:
Located in the very beautiful Langkawi Islands, this is the best place to visit for enjoying natural mangroves. Taking a boat ride is the best option for exploring this beauty.
- Key attractions: Fish farming, swimming, watching flying foxes.
- Timings: Early morning for the best view.
- Price: RM200- RM500 for boat and guide.
With beauty present here in every place, places to visit in Malaysia are so many that one trip will not be sufficient for exploring the various tourist spots of this country. With privacy and picturesque location, this island is a must-visit.
- Key attractions: Marine life and water sports
- Timings: June- October
- Price: RM5 for park
With greenery and colonial-era building coupled with beautiful peaks, Penang Hill makes for an ideal holiday destination for honeymooners and nature lovers.
Are you the one who loves freaky adventure things??? Then check out, what one can try in Leh.
- Key attractions: Bukit Bandara is one of the main attraction
- Timings: All through the year
- Price: Depends
Is there any trip complete without shopping through the markets of the place? Central Market, one of the most iconic landmarks of Kuala Lumpur is a great place for picking some really beautiful Malaysian souvenirs.
- Key attractions: Handicrafts, batik prints, beautiful show pieces and many more things
- Timings: Whenever you crave for shopping
- Price: Varies